Tuesday, April 21, 2009

[ Government Letter ]

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Dear Mrs. Michelle Bachelet:

My name is Guillermo González, and I am a student of English Pedagogy at the Alberto Hurtado University of Santiago. I decided to write a letter to you, due to that during these days I have seen on the news that the new education law that is going to replace the old one, lets profesionals without a degree on education to give classes. As a future teacher I find this outrageous and totally disrespectful for all the teachers and future teachers of our country. I (and all educators) have to study and pass through a process of preparation strictly constructed to acquire the needed knowledge to teach in our respective areas (mathematic, language, cience, and so on). Because of that, I can not accept that someone that does not have the needed preparation goes into a classroom with the same authority that me and all my colleagues have earned with years of effort and sacrifice. This is almost like having a cirgury by a nurse, or getting a car built by an architect. This is why, I would like to say that I totally disaprove this law and I would like to ask for more respect for the people that has chosen to educate kids, us teachers, who are worried about the future of our nation.

Best regards,

Guillermo González Moraga.
16.822.479-6

1 comment:

  1. nice.............

    between us ( xD ), I was thinking that we have to assume that teachers are not professional people,so we have to start for this. Maybe do not worry about this law, because it is the same bullshit that before penguin's revolution. don't you think?

    Clo =)

    ReplyDelete

 
[ Fanaa ] ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates